Tribal Governance & Leadership Summit
Join us for our upcoming Tribal Governance and Leadership training to learn more about 638 Contracts and the administering of key programs and services! This training is optimized for Tribal leaders, administrators, program directors, HR personnel, social services staff, law enforcement, and other key personnel.
This summit will provide an opportunity to collaborate and network with other Tribes, while inspiring leadership principles led by Utah Lt. Governor, Deidre M. Henderson.
Free swag bag, luncheon, and discounted hotel rates via the links below!
WHEN: Thursday, August 3rd, 2023
TIME: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
WHERE: SUU Hunter Alumni Center
10:00 am – Blessing & Prayer (smudge)
10:10 am – Welcome & Introductions
10:15 am – 638 Training by Big Fire Law
12:00 pm – Lunch (sponsored by Best Friends Animal Society)
1:00 pm – Breakout Sessions
2:45 pm – Leadership Message from Utah Lt. Govenor Deidre M. Henderson
Everyone is encouraged to attend these collaborative discussions!
- Background Checks – for HR, Social Services, Law Enforcement and Housing
- 638 Finances – for Administrators and anyone with a collaborative interest in the process
- Indian Child Welfare Act – for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Secretaries, Social Services
- Management Best Practices -Managers, supervisors and HR
- Indirect Costs – Intended for Finance, Administrators
- Modern Governance – for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Secretaries, Administrators/Directors