Given the record-breaking water season in Utah, mosquitos are abundant this summer. Here are five steps you can use to protect yourself from mosquito-bite related illnesses:
- Use insect repellent when you go outdoors
- Limit outdoor activites when mosquitos are most active (from dusk to dawn)
- When outdoors, wear long pants, shirts, and socks
- Drain and remove all sources of standing water on your property
- Try to keep doors and windows shut and keep screens in good condition
For more information about mosquito-bite related illnesses, call your local health department or click here.